When you subscribe to Call Forwarding on your business phone, you may use a touch-tone telephone at another location to remotely change Call Forwarding on your telephone.
Remotely Activating Call Forwarding
- Dial your Access Number. See Call Forward Remote Access Phone Numbers.
- Listen for instructions.
- Dial your 7-digit business telephone number that has Call Forwarding services.
- Enter your PIN.
Note: Initially your PIN is 1234, 9999, or the last 4-digits of your telephone number. You can change this PIN the first time you use this feature.
- Press *72 for Call Forwarding.
- Dial the number you want your calls forwarded to. Enter the number exactly as if you are calling directly, such as 7-digit, 10-digit, or 1 plus the area code.
- Listen to instructions to confirm or change your forwarding.
Note: Your confirmation is a stutter dial tone followed by a regular dial tone to let you know your Call Forwarding feature is activated.
- Hang up to complete activation.
Remotely Deactivating Call Forwarding
- Repeat steps 1-4, above.
- Dial *73, listen for the confirmation tone, and then hang up.
- Call Forwarding (* 72) is the only service available through Call Forwarding Remote Access.
- You cannot access Call Forward Busy (* 90) and Call Forward No Answer (* 92) via Call Forwarding Remote Access.
- This feature should not be confused with Remote Call Forward, a business telephone feature that allows a customer who does not have a physical location or phone to have a phone number and have incoming calls to that number automatically forwarded to another number.