CableCARDs allows you to receive video programming through the use of a retail device. This includes TVs and other devices that accept CableCARDs.
- A retail device has built-in technology that allows you to receive digital and High-Definition (HD) cable signals without the use of a Cox receiver.
- You can lease a CableCARD from Cox to access digital cable and HD programming.
With CableCARD devices, you do not have access to the features below.
- Cox’s Interactive Program Guide (IPG) including Cox’s Parental Controls
- Pay-Per-View (PPV), including special events and sports packages
- Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD)
- On DEMAND content is not available except with the TiVo Series 3 or newer.
You can call Cox to order PPV special events and sports packages.
CableCARD and Digital Receiver Comparison
Refer to the table below for comparisons of CableCARDS and digital receivers.
|Features||Capabilities||CableCARD Only||CableCARD with Tuning Adapter||Cox Receiver|
|Cable Programming||Can receive both analog and digital programming.||YES||YES||YES|
|Picture Quality ||Produces a clear picture and high-quality sound.||YES||YES||YES|
|Can access premium channels like HBO, Showtime, or Starz! ||NO||YES||YES|
|Interactive Program Guide ||Can access Cox's interactive programming guide.||NO||NO||YES|
|Pay-Per-View ||Can purchase PPV movies using your remote control.|| |
|On DEMAND ||Can access On Demand.|| |