CableCARDs allows you to receive video programming through the use of a retail device. This includes TVs and other devices that accept CableCARDs.
- A retail device has built-in technology that allows you to receive digital and High-Definition (HD) cable signals without the use of a Cox receiver.
- You can lease a CableCARD from Cox to access digital cable and HD programming.
With CableCARD devices, you do not have access to the features below.
- Cox’s Interactive Program Guide (IPG) including Cox’s Parental Controls
- On DEMAND Services including Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD)
Note: ICOMS code 274 (TiVo VOD) will allow VOD with TiVo products only.
- Pay-Per-View (PPV), including special events and sports packages
You can call Cox to order PPV special events and sports packages.
CableCARD and Digital Receiver Comparison
Refer to the table below for comparisons of CableCARDS and digital receivers.
|Features||Capabilities||CableCARD Only||CableCARD with Tuning Adapter||Cox Receiver|
|Cable Programming||Can receive both analog and digital programming.||YES||YES||YES|
|Picture Quality ||Produces a clear picture and high-quality sound.||YES||YES||YES|
|Can access premium channels like HBO, Showtime, or Starz! ||NO||YES||YES|
|Interactive Program Guide ||Can access Cox's interactive programming guide.||NO||NO||YES|
|Pay-Per-View ||Can purchase PPV movies using your remote control.|| |
|On DEMAND ||Can access On Demand.|| |