The Selective Call Rules give you the option to set guidelines that allow or block different types of incoming calls.
- Callers that are blocked due to a Selective Call Rule hear an announcement informing them that the number they have dialed is not receiving calls at this time.
- The ability to make outbound calls is not impacted by a Selective Call Rule.
Establishing Rules for Different Call Types
Use the following overview when creating or managing a rule to accept or block incoming calls.
- You can create a daily or holiday schedule that tells the system when to enforce a Selective Call Rule.
- The following are the different types of calls that can be accepted or blocked.
- All incoming call
- Calls identified as private, unavailable, or anonymous.
- Calls from a specific phone number. You can accept or block up to 12 phone numbers for each rule.
Use the following process to create or manage your Selective Call Rules.