Why should I choose a self-install kit?
It allows you to install Cox services yourself, saving the cost of Professional Installation from a certified Cox technician. The self-install kit, called Fast Connect, arrives at your door with all the equipment you need.
You will be shipped detailed instructions along with the following equipment.
High Speed Internet Kit: Digital Cable Receiver Kit:
- Cox cable modem (if purchased or rented from Cox)
- 25-foot coaxial cable
- 8-foot coaxial cable
- 2-way splitter
- Quick Reference Card
- Digital HD/DVR receiver
- Remote control
- Quick Reference Guide
- Easy to follow instructions and diagrams
- Channel Lineup Card
- Digital Set Top Receiver Guide
- All of the cables, power cords, and accessories required to connect your new Cox Digital Cable service
To qualify for self-installation, you must have the following:
High Speed Internet Skills: Digital Cable Skills:
- Ability to install a splitter and coaxial cable from an active cable outlet.
- Have an an available Ethernet or USB port.
- Your computer must meet the minimum requirements.
- Ability to install a coaxial cable from an active outlet.
- Follow instructions for programming the remote control.
When choosing Professional Installation from Cox
A Cox technician will install and activate your Cox services in your home. You or an adult over the age of 18 must be present during this installation, as there are license agreements, an Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service information that must be explained.
As part of your Professional Installation, your Cox technician will:
High Speed Internet Digital Cable
- Install coaxial cable to the computer's location
- Connect the cable modem to the coaxial cable
- Synchronize the cable modem
- Install an Ethernet card (if needed) or configure the USB connection
- Install and configure computer network settings
- Install software
- Configure software
- Answer questions about service (Internet browsing and email)
- Install coaxial cable to your television(s') location
- Connect your television(s) and the Cox Digital receiver(s) to the coaxial cable
- Answer questions about service (Channel Guide and Parental Controls)
- Leave a copy of the following instructions:
- Digital Cable Quick Reference Guide
- Digital Cable Channel Lineup Card