- Verify that the batteries are working by pressing the power button to see if the red light at the top of the remote turns ON.
- If it does not, replace the batteries.
- Point the remote control directly at the Cox digital cable terminal when changing channels.
- Make sure you properly programmed the remote control.
Some Cox Digital Cable remotes have an [ALL] button. This button will turn the power ON/OFF for all devices controlled by that remote.
- If all devices (TV, VCR and Digital Cable box) are currently ON, the [ALL] button will turn them all off.
- If some devices are on, and some are off, the [ALL] button still switches all of the devices.
- Those that are on will go off and vice versa.
Some Cox Digital Cable remotes have a [DEVICE] button. This button indicates or changes which device the remote control is currently controlling.
- To determine which device the remote is currently controlling
- Push the [DEVICE] button.
- The current device button will light up.
- To change the device which is being controlled
- Push [DEVICE] and then the button for the device you would like to use (ex [CBL]. [TV] [VCR]).
Language: Specify the language desired for the audio (alternate track digital channels only) or display (settop menus and help)
Audio: Specify the cable settop's volume level, output mode for analog and digital channels, and dynamic range compression
Settop Clock: Specify whether the cable settop LED displays time only, the current channel only, or time with the current channel number