Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Cox Digital CableCARD™ Service
Last Updated: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 > Related Articles
This article covers information related to taking care of your CableCARD device, service availability, and various features about Cox Digital CableCARD Service.
Cox Digital CableCARD Service allows you to receive video programming through the use of a retail device. This includes TVs and devices that accept the CableCARD. A retail device has built-in technology that allows consumers to receive digital and High-Definition (HD) cable signals without the use of a cable box. Instead, consumers can lease a CableCARD device from Cox to access digital cable and HD programming. Based on your programming package, premium channels are available.
Cox Digital CableCARD Service Availability
With CableCARD devices, consumers do not have access to:
- Cox’s Interactive Program Guide (IPG) including Cox’s Parental Controls
- Pay-Per-View (PPV), including special events and sports packages
Note: You can call Cox to order PPV special events and sports packages.
- On DEMAND Services including Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD)
Taking Care of Your CableCARD Device
- There is no cleaning or maintenance required for the CableCARD.
- When the CableCARD is installed into your Digital Cable Ready device, it is paired to that device only.
- Pairing matches the DCR device and the CableCARD, using technology that allows subscribers to view the programming to which they subscribe.
- Once a Digital Cable Ready device and CableCARD are paired, the CableCARD will not work with any other device.
- Once the CableCARD has been installed, DO NOT REMOVE it.
CableCARD and Cable Box Features
|Features||CableCARD Only||Cable Box|
|Cable Programming |
Can receive both analog and digital programming.
Produces a clear picture and high-quality sound.
Can access premium channels like HBO, Showtime, or Starz!
|Interactive Program Guide|
Can access Cox's interactive programming guide.
|NO - Customers will no longer have access to Cox's interactive programming guide.||YES|
Can purchase PPV movies using your remote control.
NO - The current CableCARD does not support interactive services.
Can access On Demand.
NO - The current CableCARD does not support two-way interactive services.