Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Managing Closed Captions for a DVR Cable Box
Last Updated: Fri, 15 May 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to turn Closed Captioning on and off.
Learn how to turn your Closed Captions on and off.
These steps work for a cable box that is providing DVR service, not a standard- or HD-only cable box.
To turn on Closed Captioning:
- Press the SETTINGS button, then press the A button.
- Use the arrow buttons to highlight the Language/Idioma preference
- Press SELECT.
- Scroll to Closed Captioning and press SELECT.
- Scroll to the On/Off option and press SELECT.
- Use the arrow button to highlight On and press SELECT.
- You are returned to the Options column, where you can either:
- Press EXIT to keep your settings
- Use the arrow buttons to select Digital Service (or Analog); and then select from Automatic, Primary, Secondary, DTV CC 3, DTV CC, 4, DTV CC 5 and DTV CC 6 options; and then press SELECT to set up Closed Captioning Text or Background options.
To turn off Closed Captioning:
- Complete steps a through e above.
- Use the arrow button to highlight Off and press SELECT.
- Press EXIT to activate your settings.