Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Activating WatchESPN on Xbox
Last Updated: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to activate WatchESPN on your Xbox.
Before You Begin
- You must be an Xbox Live Gold subscriber to activate and access WatchESPN.
- Authentication is triggered when you click on any WatchESPN content.
- All Xbox Live Gold subscribers will have access to clips and content from ESPN.com. WatchESPN will allow you to view live events once you have been authenticated.
- At this time Xbox will NOT be supporting Closed Captioning.
- Some content will be Blacked-Out regardless of authentication such as 30 for 30 and WSOP.
- From the Xbox ESPN home screen, click First Take.
Result: A screen displays the content that you clicked on and will prompt you to authenticate.
- Click Choose your provider.
- Select Cox.
Result: the http://watchespn.com/activate/cox site will display.
- Click the link. Cox should be pre-selected.
- Enter the registration code displayed on your Xbox screen.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Cox.com sign in page displays.
- Sign in with your Cox user ID and password.
Result: The WatchESPN page displays and states,“You can now go back to your Xbox and enjoy ESPN programming.”
- Return to the Xbox and click Continue.
Result: An “Authenticating…” message displays verifying authentication status.
Once complete, the First Take content will begin playing in the hero tile of the Xbox.