Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Cox TV Connect Features
Last Updated: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 > Related Articles
Learn about the features and requirements for Cox TV Connect for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
For quick access to specific TV Connect information, use the links below.
The Cox TV Connect app allows you to watch TV programming in real time from your mobile device or computer while connected to the Cox network from your home.
See the Requirements and Supported Devices section below for a list of supported devices.
The app and service, is available for free to customers with qualifying Cox services and equipment. If you meet the Cox TV Connect Requirements, you can download the app from the Apple App Store, iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon, and login using your Cox.com primary User ID and Password.
Once logged in to the Cox TV Connect app, you can:
- Access over 90 cable and local channels
- Stream up to five devices concurrently
- Access an easy to navigate guide, which lists up to 14 days of scheduled programs, program descriptions, and ratings for current and upcoming shows
- Filter shows by categories such as Movies, Kids&Family, Sports, News, and by TV/MPAA Ratings or use the Sort TV Grid By option to sort by a specific channel name or channel number. The Sort TV Grid By menu is available for Apple devices only.
- Choose to watch programs using a full screen high quality standard definition picture in either portrait or landscape view
- Schedule DVR recordings
- Set reminders for TV programs
- Turn on and off Closed Captioning - available for Apple devices only
- Submit Feedback and view Settings
Additionally, once you are successfully logged in, the app will conveniently sign you in for seven days, unless you choose to Sign Out.
Important: Refer to Cox TV Connect Limitations below.
To be eligible for Cox TV Connect, you must:
- Subscribe to either Essential, Preferred, Premier, Premier Plus, or Ultimate Internet service.
- Subscribe to Cox TV Essential package or higher.
Additionally, you must have:
- A Cox primary account holder User ID and Password
- A WiFi home network behind a DOCSIS modem, eMTA, or gateway
- One of the following devices:
|Device Type||Devices / Specifications|
Note: The Cox TV Connect for Windows 8™ app can be downloaded here.
The Cox TV Connect app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, or from the Cox TV Connect landing page on Cox.com.
- In order to successfully launch the application, you must meet the above Cox TV Connect Requirements. Once the app is installed, login using your Cox primary account holder User ID and Password.
- If one or more of the requirements are not met, the app will display an error message indicating the reason it failed.
The Cox TV Connect app can only be used to stream live cable programming while you are connected to the Cox network from your home. Additionally, Cox TV Connect has the following limitations:
- The Cox TV Connect app is only accessible on an Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch with iOS 4.3 or greater, some Android tablets, and Windows and Mac computers. See the Requirements and Supported Devices section for a list of supported devices.
- Each customer can stream cable programming on up to five devices at the same time.
Note: Each device must be signed in using the Cox account holder User ID and Password.
- Only one program can be viewed at a time per device.
- Cox TV Connect does not work with 3G, and access outside the home is not supported at this time.
- Cox TV Connect programming cannot be viewed when the device is connected to a TV or monitor.
- The Emergency Alert System (EAS), On DEMAND, Parental Controls, and the ability to search for specific programs are not available at this time.
Cox TV Connect is an application that customers can download to their computer or mobile device to view over 90 channels. The programming that appears on the screen is the same programming that would appear in real time on your television screen. To access Cox TV Connect, customers must have Preferred, Premier or Ultimate Cox High Speed Internet Service, Cox TV Essential service and a DOCSIS modem, eMTA, or gateway.
With Cox TV Connect, you can view over 90 TV channels that are currently airing based on your market.
We are continually expanding our offerings and adding more value to our services. Over time, we do expect to add more channels to the TV Connect service.
To see the channel offering for your area, see Cox TV Connect Channel Lineup.
Yes. You can view up to 14 days of TV listings, schedules, and program information. You can also use the Date&Time feature to filter TV listings, and program information based on a specific date and time.
No. Cox TV Connect is available in all Cox markets at no additional cost to customers who meet the service requirements for Cox TV and Internet service.
If you are inactive for two hours (no volume adjustments or channel changes), a pop-up window will ask if you want to continue watching. If you select “yes,” then your viewing will continue, uninterrupted. If you don’t select yes, the application will automatically close without signing you out.
The Cox TV Connect is a free application available in the Apple App Store, iTunes, Google Play, an Amazon. Download the app, then simply tap on the app, sign-in using your Cox primary account holder User ID and Password, and use the guide to access the channels you want to watch.
Cox TV Connect can be used on up to five devices per household at one time. All devices must be signed in with the primary account holder’s User ID and Password.
Cox TV Connect is limited to use within the range of your home Internet service. It provides the convenience and flexibility of having an additional, portable TV screen within your home.
You have the choice to sign out of the application or simply close the application. If you choose to sign out of the application, then you will need to sign in with your Cox primary account holder User ID and Password the next time you use TV Connect. If you simply close the application (using the “home screen” button), then you will remain signed in for seven days and the application will automatically sign you in the next time you open it.
No, the application streams real time cable programming only.
No. The Cox TV Connect app cannot be used as a remote control for your television.
Cox TV Connect gives customers the ability to view the program guide and scheduling DVR recordings while outside of the home; however, you cannot view programs outside the home.
Yes, you are able to turn ON/OFF closed captioning feature at the lower side of the video screen in the scaled video window above the program guide on the iPad. The closed captioning feature is available on the iPhone/iPod Touch under the Settings menu. Closed captioning is not available for Android tablets.
No, using the application without viewing video does not count against your device limit.
No, Cox digital TV customers are able to access the TV program guide inside and outside the home.
The Cox TV Connect on-screen program guide shows the programming that is available to watch immediately or up to 14 days in the future.
Yes, you can use Cox TV to navigate your TV Program guide.
You can change the view of the Program guide between: A. Full Program guide view that includes the TV Program guide. Display programs that are available for streaming on the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Customers are able to do that from the Show channels Tab.
Yes, you are able to store a default view. It will be either the TV Program guide View or the Program guide view.
No, Cox Digital TV customers are able to navigate the TV Program guide from their device.
You can see extended information when tapping on the program title.
You can sort the Program guide by the following themes:
- TV Ratings
You can do that from the Highlight By tab.
You are able to display Program guide data by Day/Date and Time. Customers are able to do that from the Date & time Tab.
Yes, Cox TV Connect allows you to set reminders to watch or record programs. Cox TV Connect will remind you of airing programs when the reminders are set from the device. Customers are able to do that from extended information Tab.
Yes, you are able to delete reminders from the extended information Tab.
No, Cox Digital TV customers with DVR service are able to schedule a recording.
No, the Cox TV Connect Program guide is not available without an Internet connection.
Yes, Cox TV Connect offers you the ability to Schedule DVR recordings "on-the-fly," anytime, and anywhere to Cox DVRs.
Yes, Cox Digital customers with DVR service can schedule a recording for each DVR.
Not currently. If there are multiple DVRs on the account, they will be listed in numerical sequence such as DVR 1, DVR 2, and DVR 3 . In future releases, customers will be able to choose their own DVR naming.
Not at this time. In future releases, Cox will offer this feature.
Yes, you can override conflicts on the DVR without knowing the program that they are overriding.
Check your DVR settings. Delete recordings to free up disk space. Make sure the DVR is plugged in. If you have not subscribed to the channel, contact Cox Communications. Check the program guide to see if the program is being shown again at a later time.
Note: You cannot schedule a recording for a program that occurred in the past.
Close open apps to free up memory by completing the following steps:
- Press the Home button twice to display recently used apps.
- Hold your finger on an app until a red minus sign appears on each open app.
- Tap the red minus sign on each open app to close it.
Cox TV Connect programs cannot be viewed when connected to an external device such as a TV or monitor.
- Change the channel, then return to the previous channel. If that does not resolve the issue, proceed to step 2 below.
- Check the Wi-Fi signal to ensure you are in range of your home network. If the Wi-Fi signal is low, video streaming may not be supported; however, audio may still be present. If this does not resolve the issue, contact Cox TV Connect Technical Support at 1-866-590-4229.
Check the Wi-Fi signal to ensure you are in range of your home network. If the Wi-Fi signal is low, video streaming may not be supported; however, audio may still be present.
Download the latest version of Cox TV Connect app from the Apple App store.