Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Using Pause Live TV in a Whole Home DVR Network
Last Updated: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 > Related Articles
Pause live TV from any receiver on a Cox Whole Home DVR network.
Any receiver in a Whole Home DVR network can pause a live TV show using the steps below.
If the DVR receiver is recording the maximum number of shows, then the receiver cannot pause live TV. When this happens, cancel a DVR recording currently in progress to pause from a client receiver.
To Pause and Resume Live TV
- Press the pause button on the remote for the HD client receiver.
Note: If the pause did not occur, either:
- Wait 5-10 seconds for the pause to activate.
- The Pause Live TV setting is turned OFF. Turn it back ON. See steps above.
- The DVR is unable to execute the pause for the client receiver. Either the DVR is busy making simultaneous recordings or the person watching TV from the DVR clicked the NO option when the request to pause the client receiver was displayed onscreen. The DVR will enable the HD client pause if:
- The person watching TV from the DVR either clicked the YES option or didn't respond at all to the request to pause live TV.
- You cancel a DVR recording that is in process. See the section below titled, How To Enable and Disable Client Pause From the DVR.
- Press the play button on the remote to resume viewing a paused program.
Note: For the remainder of the program, you can rewind to the point when you paused it.