Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Managing Closed Captioning for an HD Cable Box
Last Updated: Fri, 15 May 2015 > Related Articles
Closed Captioning lets you view text for the dialog.
Closed Captioning displays a text version of the dialog, so you can read onscreen what the actors or newscasters are saying.
These steps work for an HD cable box, not a standard-definition cable box or one that is providing DVR service.
To turn on Closed Captioning
- Press the SETTINGS button, then press the A button.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to the LANGUAGE section.
- Scroll to Closed Captioning and press the right arrow.
- Press the right arrow again and highlight the ON option.
- Press the A button.
- Press the EXIT button.
- Use the arrow buttons select settings for Closed Captioning Text or Background options
To turn off Closed Captioning
- Complete steps a through c above.
- Press the right arrow to highlight Off and press SELECT.
- Press the A button, the the EXIT button.