Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Managing Closed Captioning for an HD Cable Box
Last Updated: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Closed Captioning lets you view text for the dialog.
Closed Captioning displays a text version of the dialog, so you can read onscreen what the actors or newscasters are saying.
These steps work for an HD cable box, not a standard-definition cable box or one that is providing DVR service.
To turn on Closed Captioning
- Press the SETTINGS button, then press the A button.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to the LANGUAGE section.
- Scroll to Closed Captioning and press the right arrow.
- Press the right arrow again and highlight the ON option.
- Press the A button.
- Press the EXIT button.
- Use the arrow buttons select settings for Closed Captioning Text or Background options
To turn off Closed Captioning
- Complete steps a through c above.
- Press the right arrow to highlight Off and press SELECT.
- Press the A button, the the EXIT button.