Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Activating HBO GO on Xbox 360
Last Updated: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Use the following steps to activate HBO GO on an Xbox 360 game console.
To activate and use HBO Go on Xbox 360, you must have an Xbox 360 Live Gold Membership, and a Cox primary account holder user ID and password to become authenticated. The Xbox Live Gold membership is required by Microsoft to use video streaming apps such as HBO GO on Xbox 360. Microsoft determines the membership level requirements for each new app that launches on Xbox – not HBO or Cox. You can get a Xbox Live Gold membership by visiting http://www.xbox.com.
- Launch HBO GO on Xbox 360.
- Sign in to your Xbox LIVE® account and select the Activate Your Device button to get your activation code.
- From a laptop, or Internet enabled device, navigate to www.hbogo.com/activate.
- Select Xbox 360 as your device.
- Select Cox as your HBO Television provider and enter your Cox primary account holder user ID and password.
- Enter your activation code and click the Activate button. If you see a “Success!” message, then you’re
ready to start streaming HBO GO.
About HBO GO
You can stream your favorite HBO® original series, movies and more, right to the big screen with HBO GO. HBO GO is FREE with an HBO subscription. Get unlimited access to hundreds of HBO shows, including every episode of every season of the best of HBO, anytime, anywhere—on your computer, laptop, select tablets, mobile devices, TV and now on your Xbox 360® gaming console!