Are the cables in your living room creating a jungle? Don't worry – we'll help you untangle things so that Digital Television makes sense. Just pick the category that describes your problem, and we'll guide you through it – step-by-step.
Programming the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control for a TV / VCR Combination
Last Updated: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
The Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control can be programmed to work with a TV / VCR combo unit.
Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control
To program the Cox Universal M7810 Remote Control to control a TV / VCR combo unit, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the TV / VCR and insert a video cassette.
- On the remote control, press the VCR button once.
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the VCR button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device.
- If the VCR button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the VCR button does not blink twice, repeat steps 2 through 4 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the TV / VCR, and then press the POWER button once.
Note: If the TV / VCR does not have a POWER button, press the Play button on the front panel.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 through 5, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
- Program the remote to access the volume control.
|No separate TV code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR.|
Follow the steps below to access the volume control: