Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Managing Cox Support Forums Posts
Last Updated: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 > Related Articles
Learn all of the basics for creating, editing, and replying to posts in the Cox Support Forums.
Use the steps below to learn how to create, reply, and edit a post on the Cox Support Forums. For instructions on how access Cox Support Forums pages and posts, see the Cox Support Forums Page Overview.
Creating a New Post
Access the appropriate forum and click the Ask a Question button.
Result: The Create/Edit Post page displays.
Enter the following information.
- In the Subject field, enter your question or a title for your post.
- In the Description area, type a detailed explanation of the issue you are experiencing or the subject you want to bring up.
You can use the text formatting tools at the top of the Description area to add bolding, italics, emoticons, images, and other formatting to your post.
If you want to add a tag to this post to make it easier for people to find when performing a search, click Select Tags, select the check box(es) of the tag(s) you want to attach to the post, then click OK.
If you want to be emailed any replies to this post, check the Email me replies to this post box.
When you are finished composing your topic of discussion, click the Post button.
Result: Your message posts to the forum.
Replying to a Post
After reading a post, you may want to reply with an answer, a follow-up question, or a comment. You can also comment on someone else's reply. Use these steps below to reply.
Open a post.
At the bottom of the post, enter your reply in the provided text area of the Reply to Post section, then click the Add Reply button.
Result: Your response is added under the post.
Editing a Post
On posts you have created, you can edit what has been posted at any time by clicking the Edit link.
Result: The Edit Forum Post page displays. In addition to editing the body of your forum post, you can also edit the post's title and tags.
In addition to creating posts, you will also have the ability to interact with what you and others post in the Cox Support Forums.
Selecting an Answer
If you create a topic, you can mark the reply that you think best answers your question.
To select an answer to a topic you created, use the following steps.
- Open the topic you created and scroll down to view the replies.
- Locate the reply that best answers the issue you posted about.
- At the bottom of the reply, click Approve this answer. The reply now displays a The Answer icon to indicate that the author of the topic identified this response as the best or most helpful.
Adding a Post to Your Favorites
If you find an interesting topic of discussion that you like and want to bookmark it so you can easily find it again, you can add it to your favorites.
To add a post to your favorites, use the following steps:
- Open the topic of discussion you want to add to your favorites.
- Click Add to favorites.
Additionally, you can subscribe to an RSS feed of any post by clicking the Get this RSS feed link.
Accessing Favorite Posts
To access posts you have flagged as favorites, use the following steps.
- From any page, access your profile by clicking your forum name.
- On your profile, click the Favorites tab. Any posts that you have saved to favorites are shown here. Click the post you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove post from favorites link in the top right of the page.
Result: The post is removed from your favorites.