Having problems with your TV signal or Picture? Did you know that most TV issues can be solved by using our in-home reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back to watching the show. >> Reset My Cable Box
Use Remote DVR Scheduling From a Computer
Last Updated: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to use the remote DVR Scheduling from a computer.
Remote DVR Scheduling is a convenient way to set up recordings on your DVR while away from home. Before using the remote DVR scheduling, you must meet the conditions below.
- Have a valid Cox.net email address
- Have Cox DVR service
- Have Internet access through a wireless phone or computer.
Visit www.cox.com/mydvr and enter User ID and Password, then click the Sign In button.
Result: The TV Listings page displays where you can view and search TV listings, and schedule recordings.
Select a recording by scrolling through the listings, or searching by keywords in the Search TV Listings field.
- To view listings for a specific date or time, use the date and / or time drop-downs.
- To view listings for a specific channel, in the Go to Channel field, enter the specific channel number, or select a channel from the Jump to channel drop-down box.
- To highlight listings by category, such as Movies, Kids, Sports, or HD, click a Highlight option link.
- Click the Record to my Cox DVR button.
- Select either Record if Possible or Definitely Record.
- The Record if Possible option allows the recording to proceed if no other programming is scheduled for that time and date.
- The Definitely Record option ensures that the program overrides any other programming scheduled for that date and time.
Click the Set to Record button.
Result: A confirmation of your recording request displays.
If you receive an error message, ensure the following requirements are met.
- Your DVR is plugged in and powered on.
- Your DVR is not at full capacity.
- The program you are trying to schedule has not already ended.
- The program is on a channel you subscribe to.