Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Setting Up a Group Mailbox for Voice Mail
Last Updated: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to set up a group mailbox in voice mail.
The Group Mailbox allows you set up one primary mailbox and as many as 4 sub-mailboxes all on one phone line.
The primary owner of the group mailbox can:
- Set up the primary group mailbox greeting, which informs a caller that a message can be left for any of the mailboxes in the group by pressing the numeral associated with that particular mailbox.
- Set up the primary mailbox, as well as any of the four sub-mailboxes. Or let other family members set up their own sub-mailbox.
- Record a personal greeting for the group.
- For example, you could say, "You've reached the Jones family. Press 1 for Bob, 2 for Lisa, or 3 for Jim." You can change this greeting at any time by pressing 37 from the main menu.
Each mailbox has its own settings for:
- Business times
- Voice prompts in either English or Spanish
- Distribution lists
- Email address for notifications a voice mail was deposited
- Message notification settings
- Message play settings
- Notification list
- Recorded name
Note: If you do not already have a Group mailbox, contact us to add it to your account. The first group mailbox is free and includes up to 4 secondary mailboxes.
To begin setting up a group mailbox, follow these steps:
- Access voice mail . For example, dial *298 or dial your Cox home number.
Result: The system announces all available mailboxes. When prompted, enter the number for the sub-mailbox you want to set up, either:
- 0 - usually the primary mailbox, which initiates the "group greeting" set up
- 1 - for sub-mailbox number 1
- 2 - for sub-mailbox number 2
- 3 - for sub-mailbox number 3
- 4 - for sub-mailbox number 4
Example: If you requested just 1 sub-mailbox, then the voice prompt will say, "Who do you want to logon as? For your recorded name press 0. Or for voice mailbox number 1 press 1.
- Press 1 to set up sub-mailbox number 1.