Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Setting Up a Group Mailbox for Voice Mail
Last Updated: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 > Related Articles
Learn how to set up a group mailbox in voice mail.
The Group Mailbox allows you set up one primary mailbox and as many as four sub-mailboxes all on one phone line.
Primary Owner Responsibilities
The primary owner of the group mailbox has the following permissions.
- Set up the primary mailbox, as well as any of the four sub-mailboxes or let other family members set up their own sub-mailbox.
- Set up the primary group mailbox greeting which informs a caller that a message can be left for any of the mailboxes in the group by pressing the numeral associated with that particular mailbox. For example, you could say, "You've reached the Jones family. Press 1 for Bob, 2 for Lisa, or 3 for Jim."
Each mailbox has its own settings for the following.
- Business times
- Voice prompts in either English or Spanish
- Distribution lists
- Email address for notifications a voice mail was deposited
- Message notification settings
- Message play settings
- Notification list
- Recorded name
Note: If you do not already have a Group mailbox, contact us to add it to your account. The first group mailbox is free and includes up to four secondary mailboxes.
To begin setting up a group mailbox, follow these steps:
- Access voice mail by dialing *298 or your Cox home number.
Result: The system announces all available mailboxes.
- When prompted, enter the number for the sub-mailbox you want to set up.
- 0 - usually the primary mailbox, which initiates the "group greeting" set up
- 1 - for sub-mailbox number 1
- 2 - for sub-mailbox number 2
- 3 - for sub-mailbox number 3
- 4 - for sub-mailbox number 4
Example: If you requested just 1 sub-mailbox, then the voice prompt will say, "Who do you want to logon as? For your recorded name press 0. Or for voice mailbox number 1, press 1.
Enter 269266 when prompted for the temporary password.
Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
When prompted, enter a new PIN for the sub-mailbox. The PIN can be from four to eight digits long.
When prompted, record the name associated with the sub-mailbox.
When prompted, record a personal greeting for the sub-mailbox.
Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each sub-mailbox.