Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
About Cox WiFi
Last Updated: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Learn more about the Cox WiFi service.
Cox WiFi provides access to Wi-Fi hotspots for Cox High Speed Internet customers, who subscribe to the Preferred tier or higher, at no additional charge. It is currently available only in the Northern Virginia and Connecticut markets.
- Cox customers can now take their Cox High Speed Internet with them when they leave home.
- Cox WiFi provides fast, wireless, on-the-go Internet connectivity for a customer’s tablet, smartphone or other Wi-Fi® enabled devices.
- Customers will have access to more than 700 outdoor hotspots which allow them to save on their wireless data plan usage.
CableWifI® is available to all Cox customers who may travel outside of their home area and want to access a WiFi hotspot available by a partnering cable provider.
CableWiFi® is a wireless network name created through a collaboration of U.S. Cable & Internet Service Providers including Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable. It allows each other’s eligible high-speed Internet customers free access to a collective network of over 100,000 WiFi hotspots across the nation. See CableWiFi® FAQs for more information.
Customers must subscribe to one of the following Cox High Speed Internet packages to use the Cox WiFi network.
- Internet Preferred
- Internet Preferred Plus (Available in Northern Virginia only)
- Internet Premier
- Internet Ultimate
Customers who subscribe to the Internet Essentials and Internet Starter packages can upgrade to one of the qualifying tiers to take advantage of the Cox WiFi service.
To access and use Cox WiFi, see Signing In to Cox WiFi. You can connect to our hotspots using the following types of Wi-Fi® enabled devices:
- Laptops (Windows and Mac)
- Tablets (iOS, Android, Windows 8)
- Smartphones (iOS, Android, Windows 8, Blackberry)
See www.cox.com/wifi for more information and to view the coverage map. It also includes CableWifi® hotspots.