Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Managing your Cox Support Forums Profile
Last Updated: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to manage various features of your Cox Support Forums Profile.
The Cox Support Forums is where customers can collaborate with each other to resolve issues they may be experiencing. To access the Support Forums, click the button below.
Managing Your Profile
You can add a brief description of yourself in your profile so that other forum members can learn a little bit about you. For example, you can describe yourself, your interests, your favorite football team or band, and even your favorite Cox services or equipment.
Note: Adding biographical information into your profile is optional. Keep in mind that whatever you post here is not private and is available for other forum members to view.
Click Edit Profile.
In the description area, enter or modify a brief introduction about yourself.
Adding an Avatar
An avatar is a forum photo ID. Every time you post to the forums, users will see the image you have designated as your avatar. When selecting an avatar, you do not have to use a picture of yourself. You can upload an image from your computer to use as your avatar, or select one from the Cox library of images.
To add an avatar, follow the steps below.
Click Select Avatar.
Result: The Change Avatar pop-up window displays.
Do one of the following:
- To use an image on your computer, click the Upload an Avatar tab, click the Browse button, locate and select the image, click Open, and click Upload and Use Image.
- To select from the Cox standard set of avatars, click the Select an Avatar tab, select the radio button to the left of the image you want to use, and click Use Selected Image.
Changing Email Notification Options
If you want to receive more, fewer, or different notifications from the Cox Community Forums, you can modify your notification options.
To modify your notification options, follow the steps below.
Under the Receive Email section, do one of the following:
- If you would like to receive certain notifications for the Support Forums, select Yes.
- If you do not want to receive any email from the Support Forums, select No, never send me forum related emails.
Do one of more of the following:
- Select the HTML Emails check box to receive all email sent from Support Forums in an HTML format rather than the default Rich Text format.
- Select or clear the Send me a notification when my subscribed threads are updated check box. If this is selected, you receive email each time a member replies to a post you have subscribed to.
- Select or clear the Send me a notification when my questions are updated check box. If this is selected, you receive an email notification whenever someone responds to one of your forum posts, as the following example shows:
Adding an Signature
If you add a signature to your profile, this signature displays every time you create a new topic or post a reply.
To add a signature, follow the steps below: