Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
About Phone Tools
Last Updated: Thu, 15 May 2014 > Related Articles
Learn about Phone Tools features and how to use them.
Phone Tools is a value-added application provided to Cox Digital Telephone subscribers that extends the home telephone experience to the Web. It gives you the ability to:
- Manage phone features, including in-browser message playback and file download capabilities.
- Display transcribed text next to the playing message if Readable Voice Mail has been turned on for the Voice Mail box.
- Add multiple email addresses to receive notifications regarding voice mail.
For more information about Phone Tools, see the follow articles:
Before You Begin
What you need to access Phone Tools
- Cox Digital Telephone service.
- A computer with Internet service.You can also access Phone Tools using Cox Mobile Connect on your wireless device.
- Your Cox.com User ID and Password.
How to access Phone Tools from a computer
- Go to http://phonetools.cox.net.
- Sign in with your user ID and password.
Note: If you do not have login information, click No Account? Register Now! and enter your account number or address and SSN Last 4 Digits or Cox PIN found on your bill.
About the Menu Tabs
The menu tabs in Phone Tools are explained in the following sections.
Call History gives you access to your incoming, outgoing or all calls in one click. You can Save, Print, and Delete messages, as well as Add / Edit contacts in your address book updated 15 minutes.
Under the Settings tab, you can access Voice Mail and all its features, including Voice Mail Notification Options. Just click the Change button to make adjustments to voice mail options. You also get traditional features like Call Waiting, Caller ID Block and My Numbers.
You can add up to five email addresses to receive notifications regarding voice mail.
Call Forwarding displays the following options. Just click the Change button next to each feature.
Features are based on subscriptions associated with the account. Not available with Cox Mobile Connect.
Do Not Disturb allows you to send calls to voice mail without ringing your phone.
Messages gives you access to all your voice messages in one click. Listen to, download, or view the transcribed text phone messages.
Delete messages using the Delete button at the bottom of the page. In addition, the Add / Edit option allows you to manage your contacts.