Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
About Cox Digital Telephone Service
Last Updated: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 > Related Articles
Learn additional information about Cox Digital Telephone service.
- Long Distance companies prefer to bill customers directly for their long distance calling, that is why you receive a separate bill.
- If you select Cox as your long distance provider, we can put all of your local and long distance on one easy to understand bill.
Switching your long distance company without your approval is called slamming, and it's illegal.
- Slamming: The illegal practice of changing a consumer's telephone service - local, intralata or long distance service - without permission. Such unauthorized switching violates FCC rules, regardless if the change was intentional or unintentional.
- Cramming: A practice in which customers are billed for enhanced features such as voice mail, caller-ID and call-waiting that they have not ordered. This Definition is provided so that each user will be able to differentiate slamming vs. cramming. Cramming is not to be tracked for purposes of reporting to the FCC.
There are several ways to determine who your long distance provider is:
- Contact a Cox customer service representative.
- Call 1-700-555-4141 from the phone line in question. A recorded message will state the name of your carrier.
- Dial "0" and an operator will assist you.
Installation and Repair
To view the user manual for Cox Digital Telephone, click the button below. Whether you are new to Cox or have been a customer for years, you can find answers to many of your frequently asked questions in this guide. You can also learn about some of the cool features Cox telephone offers that you may not have known about.
In order to view the user manual, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not currently have Adobe Reader, click the link below to download a free version.