Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Setting Up Voice Mail Greetings
Last Updated: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to create a greeting for your voice mailbox. The greeting can be computer generated or recorded personally by you.
Trying to set up your voice mail greeting? Follow these steps to get started.
Before You Begin
Become familiar with the greeting descriptions below:
- All Calls Greeting - plays for all unanswered calls, either unanswered or from busy line. An example is, "We're unable to answer the phone right now. Please leave a message."
- No Answer Greeting - plays only if call is unanswered. An example is, "Please leave a message and I will return your call by 3 p.m."
- Busy Greeting - plays only if call reaches a busy signal. An example is, "I'm on another call right now. Please leave a message and I will call you right back."
- Out of Office Greeting - plays only during specified times of the day
- Extended Absence Greeting - plays only for a specified period of time, such as a vacation
- Recorded Name Greeting - plays if no other greeting is active. You can record your name or phone number or say nothing for 2 seconds. The computer voice inserts whatever you recorded, like this: "The person you are calling, [recorded name or phone number or blank] is unavailable. Please leave a message."
- Incoming Call Greeting - plays for a Group mailbox. An example is, "You have reached Bob's family. If you want to leave a message for Bob press 0, for Alice press 1".
- Access your voice mailbox.
- From home, dial *298 to access your voice mailbox.
- From outside your home, dial your home phone number and press *5 once the greeting starts.
- Dial the access phone number listed in your Cox Telephone User Guide.
- If prompted, enter your PIN followed by the pound ( #) key.
Press 3 to access the Greetings Menu.
Press one of the following numbers:
- 1 to hear, record or turn On or Off an All Calls Greeting
- 2 to hear, record or turn On or Off a No Answer Greeting
- 3 to hear, record or turn On or Off a Busy Greeting
- 4 to hear, record or turn On or Off an Out of Office Greeting
- 5 to hear, record or turn On or Off an Extended Absence Greeting
- 6 to hear or re-record a Recorded Name Greeting
- 7 to hear, record or turn On or Off an Inbound Call Greeting for the Group Mailbox
For the Extended Absence Greeting, you can set up the mailbox to accept messages or not while the greeting is active.