Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Checking Your Voice Mail
Last Updated: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn to access voice mail whether you are at home or away.
Want to understand how to use the voice mail service for your Cox Digital Telephone? We've made it easy for you to access your home phone voice mail. Now you can use:
- Your home phone
- Any mobile phone, or any phone line
- An access number if your home phone number is busy
- Any computer connected to the Internet
To access voice mail from home:
- Lift the handset of your home phone.
- Press star ( * ) and the numbers 2- 9- 8, or call your 10-digit home phone number.
- When prompted, enter your PIN and press the # key.
Note: To set up voice mail for the first time, see Setting Up Your Voice Mail.
To access voice mail from any mobile phone or outside line:
- Call your home phone number.
- When the greeting begins, interrupt by pressing star ( * ) then the number 5, as shown:
- When prompted, enter your PIN and press #.
If your home phone number is busy or you can't get through to voice mail:
- Call the access phone number for your city.
- When prompted, enter your home phone number.
- Enter your PIN and press #.
From a device connected to the Internet:
- Go to the Cox Phone Tools website and log in with your User ID and Password. If you haven't already created a login, click the No Account? Register Now! link and enter your account number and PIN, which are located on your bill.
- Click the Messages tab.
Result: A list of voice messages displays.
- Click a message to hear it play on your computer or laptop.
Note: You can also download the Cox Mobile Connect app to your Smartphone, Android, or Apple device. For more information, see Accessing Voice Mail With Cox Mobile Connect.