Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Changing Your Voice Mail PIN
Last Updated: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 > Related Articles
If you have forgotten your Voice Mail PIN, or want a new one, follow the steps below to create a new PIN.
Use the following information to change the PIN number using Cox.com or the Cox Connect App.
- If you do not currently have a user ID and password on Cox.com, you must create one before you can log in to Phone Tools or Cox Connect. See Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences.
- Cox Connect is an application for your smart phone or other mobile device that allows you to access and manage your Cox services from anywhere. See Downloading and Installing the Cox Connect App.
Changing the PIN via Phone Tools
Use the following information to change your PIN number using Phone Tools.
- Click or enter http://phonetools.cox.com into your browser.
- Sign in using your Primary User ID.
- Click to expand the Settings menu.
- Click Voice Mail.
- Ensure that Voice Mail is turned On.
- Under Voice Mail locate Voice Mail PIN.
- Click Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN number.
- Re-enter your new PIN number to confirm the change.
- Click Save.
Result: Your new PIN number is available immediately.
Changing your PIN number using Cox Connect App
Use the following to change your Voice Mail PIN number using the Cox Connect app from your Smartphone or other mobile devices.
- Tap the Cox Connect icon on your device.
- Sign in using your Primary User ID and Password.
- Tap the Home Phone icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN.
Result: A pop-up window appears indicating the Voice Mail PIN has been modified.