Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Changing Your Voice Mail PIN
Last Updated: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 > Related Articles
If you have forgotten your Voice Mail PIN, or want a new one, follow the steps below to create a new PIN.
Use the following information to change the PIN number using Cox.com or the Cox Mobile Connect App.
- If you do not currently have a user ID and password on Cox.com, you must create one before you can log in to Phone Tools or Cox Mobile Connect. See Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences.
- Cox Mobile Connect is an application for your smart phone or other mobile device that allows you to access and manage your Cox services from anywhere. See Downloading and Installing the Cox Mobile Connect App.
Changing the PIN via Phone Tools
Use the following information to change your PIN number using Phone Tools.
- Click or enter http://phonetools.cox.net into your browser.
- Sign in using your Primary User ID.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Voice Mail.
- Under Voice Mail Options, locate Voice Mail PIN.
- Click Change.
- Enter your new PIN number.
- Re-enter your new PIN number to confirm the change.
- Click Submit.
Result: Your new PIN number is available immediately.
Changing your PIN number using Cox Mobile Connect App
Use the following to change your Voice Mail PIN number using the Cox Mobile Connect app from your Smartphone or other mobile devices.
- Tap the Cox Mobile Connect icon on your device.
- Sign in using your Primary User ID and Password.
- Tap the Home Phone icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN.
Result: A pop-up window appears indicating the Voice Mail PIN has been modified.