Did you forget your voice mail password? How about problems with the fax machine? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Using Three-Way Calling
Last Updated: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
Three-Way Calling allows you to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
Adding a Third Person to the Call
- Press and quickly release the switchhook to place the first person on hold.
- Listen for the dial tone.
Note: If operating on a per use basis, press *71, otherwise proceed directly to step 3.
- Dial the third person's phone number.
- To make the three-way connection, press and quickly release the switchhook.
Result: You can now talk with both people at the same time.
The switchhook is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
Canceling a Three-Way Connection
- If the third person did not answer or you wish to disconnect from them, press and quickly release the switchhook. You are then able to reconnect to the person holding.
- If either of the two people hang up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.