The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Browse Internet Support for:
- Uninstalling Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® Learn how to uninstall Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee® from your devices.
- Uninstalling McAfee Family Protection® for Windows Follow these steps to uninstall Family Protection® from your Windows computer.
- Installing McAfee Family Protection® for Windows View the steps to install McAfee Family Protection® for Windows.
- Using Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® for Mac and Windows Learn how to use the available Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee features for Mac and Windows computers.
- Installing McAfee Family Protection® for Mac Learn how to install McAfee Family Protection® for Mac.
- Deactivating McAfee Family Protection® Use these steps to deactivate McAfee Family Protection® on your computer.
- Flashback Trojan Virus Information Learn more about detecting the Flashback Trojan virus, a form of malware that may be stealing information from your Mac computer.
- Accessing Home Networking Security Check Learn how to access and run the Home Networking Security Check tool to ensure your wireless network has encryption enabled.
- Installing Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® for Mac and Windows Learn how to install Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee® to Mac OS X and Windows computers.
- Uninstalling McAfee Family Protection® for Mac Follow the steps in this article to uninstall McAfee Family Protection® from your Mac.
- Protecting Yourself from Spam Learn how spammers get email addresses and how you can reduce the amount of spam received.
- Managing Security in Mac OS X Learn to enable or disable firewall settings and turn on FileVault for Mac OS X 10.11.
- Interpreting Home Networking Security Check Results View details and steps to resolve any security issues that may be detected after performing a Home Networking Security Check.
- Installing Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® for Mobile Learn how to install Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee® to an Android or Apple iOS device.
- Forwarding Spam, Phishing, or Virus as an Attachment Learn the steps to report abuse by forwarding an email as an attachment using Microsoft Outlook Express, Apple Mail, and Microsoft ...
- Using Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® for Mobile Learn how to use the available Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® features for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Accessing and Using the Data Usage Meter View the steps on accessing and using the Data Usage Meter to view your monthly data plan usage.
- Spam Resource Center Learn more information on spam and anti-spam resources.
- Anti-Virus Resource Center Learn about our anti-virus resources, available for both Windows and Mac systems.
- Cox Browser Alert Due to Possible Virus Infection As part of our ongoing Customer Safety program, Cox Communications employs many active security measures in order to protect its ...
- Ways to Secure Your Wireless Network View recommendations and suggestions to further secure your wireless home network.
- Unsolicited Email Spam Information Learn more about how Cox manages unwanted spam and ways you can help.
- Encrypting Your Keystrokes Learn about key logging and how to protect yourself from hacking.
- Keeping Your Software Up to Date Learn why software updates are important to keeping you and your information safe.
- Internet Ports Blocked or Restricted by Cox Learn why certain ports are blocked or restricted by Cox High Speed Internet.
- Removing the Citadel Trojan Virus Learn more about the Citadel Trojan virus and how to remove it.
- Peer-to-Peer Networks Information Learn more about the different types and uses for Peer-to-Peer (P2P) networks.
- Support Contacts for Securing Your Wireless Network View a list of manufacturers and their support websites where you can find information on how to secure your wireless network.
- Cox Browser Alerts Cox browser alert pop-ups are used to inform our Cox High Speed Internet residential customers on a range of topics, including virus ...
- Troubleshooting Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® Learn about the technical support options for Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee®.
- Removing the Zeus Malware Virus Learn more about the Zeus malware virus and how to remove it.
- Removing the ZeroAccess Trojan Virus Learn more about the ZeroAccess virus and how to remove it.
- Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee® Learn about the features and minimum system requirements for Cox Security Suite Plus powered by McAfee®.
- About Botnets Learn about bots and botnets, and how they affect cyber crime.
- Cox Tech Solutions Provides a description of Cox Tech Solutions and the different subscription services available.
- About the Heartbleed Bug Learn about the Heartbleed Bug affecting OpenSSL web servers.
- About Fake Cox Emails Learn about emails that falsely claim to come from Cox. This kind of scam is also known as phishing.
- Scareware and Fake Anti-Virus Software Information Learn about Scareware and fake anti-virus software for Windows computers.
- Reporting Spam, Phishing, and Virus Abuse Learn about the different types of abuse including spam, phishing, and viruses and how to report these to the appropriate contacts.
- Microsoft Safety and Security Software Learn about available free software for Microsoft Window users to help fight viruses and spyware.
- Adware and Spyware Information for Windows-based Computers Learn more about adware and spyware for computers running Windows operating systems.
- Using of Passphrases Instead of Passwords for Better Security Learn about the benefits of using passphrases instead of passwords to increase the security of your accounts.
- DNSChanger Malware Virus Information Learn more about the DNSChanger virus, a form of malware that may be negatively affecting your system settings.
- Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft Learn to protect yourself from identity theft with this helpful information.