The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Browse Internet Support for:
- Connecting a Router and a Modem With an Ethernet Connection Learn how to connect a router, a modem, and a computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Determining Your Windows Version Learn how to determine which version of Windows is installed on your computer.
- Opt Out of Enhanced Error Results Page for Windows 7 Learn to set DNS to opt out of enhanced error results page for Windows 7.
- Configuring a Computer for Cox High Speed Internet Service Learn how to configure a computer for Cox High Speed Internet service.
- Opt Out of Enhanced Error Results Page in Windows XP Learn the steps to set DNS to opt out of enhanced error results page for Windows XP.
- Verifying iPad WiFi Connection Learn how to verify iPad Wi-Fi connection.
- Connecting a Modem With a USB Connection Learn how to connect a modem with a USB connection.
- Troubleshooting the Netgear WGR614 Router Learn about the available ports and the status lights on a Netgear WGR614 router.
- Netgear WNR2000 Router View details about the available ports and an explanation of the status lights on a Netgear WNR2000 router.
- Fixing Internet Connection Problems See steps on fixing problems when you have problems getting on the Internet, getting web pages to open or display.
- Troubleshooting the D-Link Xtreme N DIR-825 Router This article provides an overview of the available ports and an explanation of the status lights on a D-Link DIR-825 router.
- Linksys WRT160N Router View details about the available ports and an explanation of the status lights on a Linksys WRT160N router.
- D-Link Wireless N 300 DIR-615 Router Learn to troubleshoot the D-Link Wireless N 300 DIR-615 router. Included in this article is information related to troubleshooting, ...