The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Add an Authorized User to My Account
Last Updated: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to add an authorized users for your account on Cox.com.
In a web browser, go to ww2.cox.com.
Click My Account.
Enter your Account Holder User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: You must log in with the Account Holder user ID in order to create an a new Authorized User ID.
Under Manage Profile & Settings, click Manage Profile.
Note: If you are in the process of transferring your services, you will receive an error message and will be unable to add an authorized user until the transfer is complete.
Complete the following.
- Next to Add & Manage Users, click the Edit link.
- Select Add an additional Authorized User, then click Add.
Complete the following:
- Enter the following for the authorized user:
- First Name - First name of the user
- Last Name - Last name of the user
- User ID Nickname - Enter a nickname for your user ID. This step is optional.
- User ID - Enter a user ID.
- Password - Create a password and re-enter the password. Click the ? for guidelines.
Note: A password strength meter will show you the security of the new password you select.
- Billing and Payment Access - Select this option if you would like to grant this user the ability to manage the account billing and payment areas as the Account Holder.
- Challenge and Response - Enter the security code in the space provided.
- Click Submit.
Result: A confirmation page is displayed as well as an confirmation email with the following information:
- Account Number
- User ID
Result: The Authorized Users window is displayed with the new user added.