The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Install a D-Link, Linksys, or Netgear USB Adapter
Last Updated: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 > Related Articles
View the process to install a D-Link, Linksys, or Netgear USB adapter to a Cox home network using the vendor provided CD.
The following steps describe the process to connect a Linksys or Netgear USB adapter.
It is important to install the software prior to installing the USB adapter hardware.
- Insert the CD and follow the prompts.
- Review and accept the Software License Agreement.
- Select the location, if applicable, and install the software.
- Insert the USB adapter into a USB port.
- Select a wireless network to connect to and enter the pass phrase, if prompted.
Important: If using a Wi-Fi Protected Setup button, proceed to step 6. If not, proceed to step 7.
- The following step applies to D-Link and Netgear WPS adapters. If using the Push Button Configuration (PBC), follow the installation wizard prompts.
- Push the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router, if applicable, or click the virtual button from the installation wizard.
- Push the button on the access point, the USB WPS adapter.
Note: You will have 120 seconds to press the button on the access point, the USB WPS adapter, once you click the button from the installation wizard or the WPS button located on the router, if applicable.
- Launch the wireless network utility.