The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Clearing Your Browser in Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8
Last Updated: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Learn to clear cache, temporary files, browse history and delete cookies in Internet Explorer.
Want to clear your cache, browse history or temporary Internet files. Want to delete cookies from specific sites? Learn how to do so in Internet Explorer, using the steps below. For all PC browser-related articles see Manage Your PC Browser.
Cox does not support all browsers. The following information is for reference only. For specific information on using Internet Explorer 10 visit Microsoft.com.
- From the Start screen, move your cursor to the top right corner of the computer screen or press the Windows + C keys to display the Charm Bar.
- Click the Search icon.
- On the Apps screen, press the Esc key to hide the Charm Bar.
- Click Control Panel under the Windows System section.
Click Internet Options.
Place a checkmark next to each item you would like to clear:
- Temporary Internet files and website files - Clears copies of webpages, images, and media that are saved for faster viewing.
- Cookies and website data - Clears files or databases stored on your computer by websites to save preferences or improve website performance.
- History - Clears the list of websites you have visited.
- Download History - Clears the list of files you have downloaded.
- Form data - Clears the saved information that you have typed into website forms.
- Passwords - Clears saved website passwords that are automatically filled in when you sing in to a website you have previously visited.
- ActiveX Filtering and Tracking Protection data - Clears the list of websites excluded from filtering, and data used by Tracking Protections to detect where websites might be automatically sharing details about your visit.
Note: By checking the Preserve Favorite website data box, data from your most frequently visited websites will not be cleared. If you are clearing your history, cookies, or cache to resolve a problem with a site you frequent you should uncheck this box.