Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Cox Connect Features
Last Updated: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 > Related Articles
Learn about the Cox Connect app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and Android platforms including details about the modules, requirements, and supported operating systems.
Cox Connect is your gateway for Cox High Speed Internet, Cox Digital Telephone, and Cox Advanced TV on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Android device. Cox Connect is a free app that allows you to manage your home Internet usage, phone calls, view TV listings, schedule DVR recordings, and get helpful tips about Cox services.
Cox Connect Dashboard
When you log in to Cox Connect, the Cox Connect dashboard displays. The dashboard presents cards that show you the most important information about your account and service. Shown below are examples of the different cards available on the Cox Connect dashboard.
|Data Usage Meter||See your data usage for the current cycle. Tap links to your Data Usage Meter to see more details about your current cycle and historical data usage.|
|My Bill||View your most recent statement balance and due date. Tap links to make a payment and see more billing details.|
|Phone Tools||See how many new voice mails have been received and link to voice mails, missed calls, and phone settings.|
|Appointment||View the scheduled time of the appointment. Within an hour of your window, this card shows you the ETA of the service agent. Tap links to change the appointment time or cancel the appointment.|
Note: This card only appears if you have a scheduled appointment.
|Store Locator||Locate the closest store and distance to that store. Tap on the card to see a full view of the map and link to driving directions.|
|WiFi Hotspots||Locate the closest CableWiFi® or Cox WiFi hotspot location. Tap on the card to see a full view of the map and link to driving directions.|
|Outage||Displays if there is an outage in your area and shows the estimated time that the issue will be resolved.|
|Internet||Available to customers that have certain Cox-provided modems. This card shows your current Internet connectivity status and links to the Internet section where you can update your Internet settings.|
For a list of eligible devices, refer to Managing Your In-Home Network with My WiFi.
To learn more about using this feature, refer to Managing Your In-Home Network with Cox Connect.
Cox Connect Menu
The Cox Connect menu displays icons that you tap to access each of the modules.
|My Bill||View account alerts and make payments using View / Pay Bill via Cox Connect.|
View and manage your Cox in-home network and see your data usage. You can complete the following using the app.
|Phone Tools||Browse through your home phone call logs, check voice mail, change settings on your home phone for call forwarding, and manage other features.|
|TV Listings||Browse through available channels on your Cox TV, search for specific programs, set up reminders for programs, and schedule recording of TV programs and movies remotely.|
|Store Locator||Locate stores in your area or by zip code and see store details such as hours of operation and services.|
|WiFi Hotspots||Locate CableWiFi® and Cox WiFi hotspot locations available to Cox High Speed Internet customers.|
|Support||Find information to help you use the Home Phone and TV & DVR modules, and access Bill Pay.|
- Log in using your registered Cox User ID and password to access the Internet, Phone Tools, and TV & DVR modules. If you do not currently have a user ID and password on Cox.com, see Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences.
- With Cox Connect, you can access solutions for Internet, Phone, and TV services you receive from Cox. If you tap an icon for a service you do not currently subscribe to, you will see a message indicating that you are not subscribed to that service.
Supported Operating Systems
Cox Connect is available on the following operating systems.
Note: Functionality specific to mobile phone devices, like Call Back and Send Text Message, is disabled on tablets.
If you run into an issue using the Cox Connect app, there are a few things you can try.
- Verify that you have the latest version of the app. To do that, open the Play Store app, then select Menu > My Apps & Games to see if there is an update available for Cox Connect.
- If you do have the latest version, then try to clear the app from memory and relaunch it. Do this by tapping on your phone’s menu button (rectangle button on the right on Samsung devices and the square on the right on Nexus devices.) Then you will be presented with a scrollable list of running apps. Simply swipe the Cox Connect app to the right or left to clear it from memory and then open the app again.
- If that does not work, you can try clearing the app’s data. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Cox Connect > Storage > Data. Tap OK to clear the data and relaunch the app.
- If none of these steps have worked and you are still having an issue, you can send us feedback from within the app. Email us by going to the app’s Main Menu > Settings > Share Your Feedback. This will allow you to send an email to both our development and support teams to look into your issue.
- Clear the app from memory by double clicking on the home button, which opens a scrollable list of running apps. Simply swipe the Cox Connect app up to clear it from memory and then relaunch the app.
- If that does not work, try restarting your device.
- If your problem persists after restarting your device, delete and reinstall the app.
- If you are still having an issue, you can send us feedback from within the app. You can email us by going to the app’s Main Menu > Settings > Share Your Feedback. This will allow you to send an email our development and support teams to look into your issue.