The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Changing a Secondary User Password Using Internet Tools
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to change a lost or forgotten secondary user password.
Complete the steps below to change a secondary user password.
Important: Changing or resetting a Cox password may affect the ability to login to a number of other applications. Before proceeding, refer to Applications Affected by Changing Cox.net Login User ID / Password to review a list of applications that may be affected by changing a Cox password.
From the main page of Cox.com, click the My Account tab.
Enter primary User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: If you do not remember your password, click the Forgot User ID / Password? link.
Under the Change My Services section located on the right side of the page, click the Manage Profile button.
In the Add & Manage Users section, click the Edit link.
Select the User ID you want to change the password for and click the Modify button.
Enter a new password using the following steps.
- In the Password: field, enter a secure password for the new account.
- In the Re-enter Password: field, enter the same secure password for confirmation.
Note: The secure password:
- Must be between 8 and 24 characters long
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- May include special characters !@#$%^*()
- Is case sensitive, so SaMpLe4 is different than sample4
- Must not include any form of the word password
- Must not be the same as the username
- Click Submit.
Result: The Change Password confirmation window displays.