Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Changing an Authorized User Password in My Account
Last Updated: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to change a lost or forgotten secondary user password.
Complete the steps below to change a secondary user password.
Important: Changing or resetting a Cox password may affect the ability to login to a number of other applications. Before proceeding, refer to Applications Affected by Changing Cox.net Login User ID / Password to review a list of applications that may be affected by changing a Cox password.
In a web browser, go to www.cox.com.
- From the Cox.com home page, click Sign In My Account.
- Enter your primary User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: You must log in as the primary Account Holder to create or modify an Authorized User.
Click View Profile.
Under My Profile, click Add & Manage Users.
To change the password, click Modify User next to the secondary user name.
Result: The Modify User section displays.
Create a new password using the following steps.
- In the Password: field, enter a secure password.
Note: Only passwords meeting the below minimum strength requirements are allowed.
- Must be between 8 and 24 characters long
- Must include both letters and numbers
- Must not include any form of the word password
- Must not include customer's user ID
- May include special characters: !@#$%^*()
- Is case sensitive, so SaMpLe24 is different than sample24
- Click Save Changes.
Result: A confirmation window displays the changes and a confirmation email or letter is sent.