Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Changing an Authorized User Password in My Account
Last Updated: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 > Related Articles
Learn how to change a lost or forgotten secondary user password.
Complete the steps below to change a secondary user password.
Important: Changing or resetting a Cox password may affect the ability to login to a number of other applications. Before proceeding, refer to Applications Affected by Changing Cox.net Login User ID / Password to review a list of applications that may be affected by changing a Cox password.
- Click the Profile and Settings link.
- From the My Account Sign In page, enter your primary User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
- You must log in as the primary Account Holder to create or modify an Authorized User.
- If you do not remember your password, click the Forgot User ID / Password? link.
Result: The My Account Profile & Settings window displays.
Result: The Modify Authorized User window displays.
Create a new password using the following steps.
- In the Password: field, enter a secure password.
- In the Re-enter Password: field, enter the same secure password for confirmation.
Note: Only passwords meeting the below minimum strength requirements are allowed.
- Must be between 8 and 24 characters long
- Must include both letters and numbers
- Must not include any form of the word password
- Must not include customer's user ID
- May include special characters: !@#$%^*()
- Is case sensitive, so SaMpLe24 is different than sample24
- Click Submit.
Result: A confirmation window displays the changes and a confirmation email or letter is sent.
Result: The Authorized Users window displays.