The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Managing Cookies and Pop-ups in Google Chrome
Last Updated: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to allow or deny pop-ups and manage cookies in Chrome.
Want to control the cookies left on your computer by certain sites? Need to limit or stop pop-ups from specific sites? Learn how to allow or deny pop-ups and manage cookies in Chrome for Mac and PC. For all PC browser-related articles, see Managing Your PC Browser. For the Mac, see Managing Your Mac Browser.
Important: If cookies are blocked for Cox.net, then WebMail, View/Pay Bill, and Internet Tools will not work.
Cox does not support browsers. The following information is for reference only. For specific information on using Google Chrome, visit Google.com.
Adjust Cookie Permissions
- Click the three horizontal lines to the right of the browser address field, and then click Settings.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Privacy, click Content settings.
- Under Cookies, choose from the following options:
- Allow local data to be set (recommended)
- Keep local data only until I quit my browser
- Block sites from setting any data
- Block third-party cookies and site data
- From the Settings menu, click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Pop-ups, choose Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended).
To make an exception to blocking, click Manage exceptions. Under Hostname pattern, enter the web address you want to make an exception, then under Behavior, choose Allow.
- Click the three horizontal lines at the end of the address field, and then click Settings.
- Under Pop-ups, choose Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
To make an exception to allowing, click Manage exceptions. Under Hostname pattern, enter the web address you want to make an exception, then under Behavior, choose Block.