The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Creating Classic WebMail Address Groups
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn to create email address groups in Classic WebMail, otherwise known as distribution lists.
Groups provide a convenient method of sending an email message to a group of recipients without typing each individual's address or finding and selecting each contact from Addresses.
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Classic WebMail for more articles.
- At the WebMail Inbox window, click Addresses.
- Under Addresses: All, click New Group.
Result: The New Group window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your address group.
- In the Description field, enter a description that helps you remember who is in the address group, or what the contacts have in common.
Under Group Members, select the desired Contacts to add to the new group.
If there are no contacts in this field, you cannot type in a new email address here, the addresses must come from the Address List.
- Click Add, as shown below. To add multiple contacts, hold down the CTRL key (Command on Macintosh) on your computer while selecting each name. To remove a contact, select the contact in the Members field and click Remove.
Result: A message displays stating the group has been created.