The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Adding Email Accounts in Enhanced WebMail
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to add an external account in Enhanced WebMail.
Want to add another account to Enhanced WebMail? You can add up to 12 additional email accounts using the steps below.
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Enhanced WebMail for more articles.
From the WebMail Inbox window, click Preferences.
- On the Mail Preferences window, click the Add Account button at the bottom left.
- Enter your Email Address and Password.
- Choose either POP or IMAP.
Note: Your initial account was automatically configured for use in WebMail. To set up a new account Cox supports both POP and IMAP for its email server. If you are setting up email for an outside account, such as Gmail, you will get the account type from the provider.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the Incoming Server Name, for Cox it is either pop.cox.net or imap.cox.net. See Email Server Names for more information.
- Click Continue.
The Port number is automatically added for a secure connection. Cox does not recommend choosing None.
Result: The server settings are tested, and if the connection is successful, a message displays confirming this. If not, recheck your settings.
Enter the desired information, then click the Save button.
- Enter Real Name if a specific name is to display on outgoing mail.
- Enter a Reply to Address if different from sending email address.
Click the Close button.
Result: The new account mailbox displays below the main account mailbox in the Mailbox Folders area.