The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Resetting a Primary Account Holder Password Using Internet Tools
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to reset an account holder password online through Internet Tools.
To reset the password for a secondary user ID, log in to Internet Tools with the primary email address. Refer to Change an Authorized User Password Using Internet Tools for additional information.
Important: Changing or resetting a Cox.net password may affect the ability to login to a number of other applications. Before proceeding, refer to Applications Affected by Changing Cox.net Login Username / Password to review a list of applications that may be affected by changing a Cox.net password.
Access Reset Password page from www.cox.com/password.
- In the User ID field, enter the user ID.
- In the Security Validation section, enter the text as it displays in the security code graphic, then click Continue.
Select one of the validation methods below to reset the password.
- Send Email - An email is sent to your primary contact email address containing instructions on how to select a new password.
- Answer Secret Question - Follow the steps below.
- In the Secret Answer field, enter the answer to the displayed question.
Note: If the answer to the secret question is forgotten, contact Cox Customer Service. To retrieve lost or forgotten Secret Question and Answer information, the password on the account must be changed and the Secret Question and Answer must be reset. Refer to Forgotten Secret Question Answer for more information.
- Complete the following steps:
Enter a new password in the New Password field. The password:
- Must be between 8 and 24 characters long
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- May include special characters: !@#$%^*()
- Is case sensitive, so SaMpLe4 is different than sample4
- Must not include any form of the word password
- Must not be the same as the username
- Re-enter the password in the Re-enter New Password field for confirmation.
- Click Submit.
Click Continue to complete the password reset.