The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Last Updated: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 > Related Articles
Learn more about Cloud Drive which allows all Cox High Speed Internet subscribers to backup and share their files online.
The Cloud Drive service provides you with the following.
- An easier to use interface and more storage space – all free-of-charge to existing Cox High Speed Internet subscribers.
- Automatic backup to keep all your files safe and secure.
- Access to your files anytime, anywhere–even on the go.
- Sharing files easily online with family and friends.
With Cloud Drive service, you will have access to the Drag and Drop Backup and Cloud Drive applications.
- Drag and Drop Backup - Drag and Drop Backup provides a virtual desktop folder that allows you to drag files from your desktop and drop them directly into your account. Once uploaded on your Cox account, you can share them with family, friends, and colleagues.
- Cloud Drive - You can select files and schedule automatic backups on your computer through Cloud Drive applications. The application monitors selected files for changes, and automatically uploads them to your account.
Only the Account Holder can activate Cloud Drive.
Packages and Storage
The amount of storage varies depending on your Cox High Speed Internet package. Refer to the list below.
|Starter Package||1 GB|
|Essential Package||5 GB|
|Preferred Package||50 GB|
|Premier Package||100 GB|
|Ultimate Package||150 GB|
|Gigabit Package||1 TB|
Changing your Cox High Speed Internet service package affects your storage limit. If you downgrade your Internet service package, you will need to manage the storage capacity to the storage limit of your new package to avoid losing online files.
Accessing Cloud Drive
Cloud Drive is accessible via the following methods.
- From Cox Internet Tools at drive.cox.com
- Downloadable software client - both Windows and Macintosh versions
- Virtual Desktop Drive which looks like a file folder and allows easy drag-and-drop backup
- Mobile version for Android and iOS phones