Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Deleting or Restoring Contacts in Enhanced WebMail
Last Updated: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 > Related Articles
Learn how to delete contacts and restore them once deleted.
This support article helps you get the most from Enhanced WebMail. Before beginning, make sure you are signed in.
- Go to webmail.cox.net.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Click the Enhanced WebMail radio button.
- Click Sign In.
Enhanced WebMail Inbox
After you sign in to Enhanced WebMail, your Inbox displays in the following format.
Not what you're looking for? Get the support you need by visiting our Cox Email Support Center.
Managing Your Contacts
If you want to delete contacts in Enhanced WebMail you can do so in the Contacts column, or in the Advanced tab using the Universal Contact Manager (UCM). Let's get started by using the following links to learn more.
Note: You cannot restore contacts in the normal Contacts view once they are deleted. You can only restore contacts you deleted within the Universal Contact Manager. Permanently-deleted contacts cannot be restored in UCM. Refer to Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager below.
- Select the contact you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the Contacts column, click Delete.
In the confirmation message that displays, click Delete to continue or Cancel to cancel the request.
After contacts are deleted, you cannot restore contacts in this window. See Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager below.
Result: The UCM window displays.
- Place a check in the box next to the contact you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
Note: Continue to the next step only if you want to permanently delete a contact.
- To permanently delete a contact, click Deleted Items.
- Select all contacts you want to permanently delete.
Note: After permanently deleting a contact, you cannot restore it.
- Click Delete.
- On the confirmation pop-up, click Yes to continue.
- Click Deleted Items.
- Place a check in the box next to any contacts you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Check your Contacts list in UCM to ensure all contacts are restored.