Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Deleting or Restoring Contacts in Enhanced WebMail
Last Updated: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 > Related Articles
Learn how to delete contacts and restore them once deleted.
If you want to delete contacts in Enhanced WebMail you can do so in the Contacts column, or in the Advanced tab using the Universal Contact Manager (UCM).
Before beginning, make sure you are signed in to Enhanced WebMail.
- Go to webmail.cox.net.
- Enter User ID and Password.
- Click the Enhanced WebMail radio button.
- Click Sign In.
You cannot restore contacts in the normal Contacts view once they are deleted. You can only restore contacts you deleted within the Universal Contact Manager. Permanently-deleted contacts cannot be restored in UCM. Refer to Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager below.
Learn more about the following features.
- Deleting Contacts from Contacts Column
- Deleting Contacts in Universal Contact Manager
- Restoring Contacts in Universal Contact Manager
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Enhanced WebMail for more articles.
- Select the contact you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the Contacts column, click Delete.
In the confirmation message that displays, click Delete to continue or Cancel to cancel the request.
After contacts are deleted, you cannot restore contacts in this window. See Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager below.
Result: The UCM window displays.
- Place a check in the box next to the contact you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
Note: Continue to the next step only if you want to permanently delete a contact.
- To permanently delete a contact, click Deleted Items.
- Select all contacts you want to permanently delete.
Note: After permanently deleting a contact, you cannot restore it.
- Click Delete.
- On the confirmation pop-up, click Yes to continue.
- Click Deleted Items.
- Place a check in the box next to any contacts you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Check your Contacts list in UCM to ensure all contacts are restored.