The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Import External Email in Classic WebMail
Last Updated: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to read email from an external account while in WebMail.
Want to read mail from another email provider while in WebMail? You can import those messages by following the steps below.
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Classic WebMail for more articles.
Enter the following information about the external account:
- Full Name - This will be your identity when you reply to an email sent to this account.
- Full Email Address - This will be your 'from' address when you reply to an email sent to this account.
- Account Description - Enter a description of this account.
- Mail Server - Enter the name of the mail server you want to access, such as pop.yahoo.com.
- Username - Enter the account name on the mail server you specified. For example, if the account is email@example.com, enter 'bob'.
- Password - Enter the password for the account name.
- Mail Server Type - Indicates the account is a POP, SSL POP, or IMAP account.
To test your settings, put a check in the box next to Test this entry to make sure it works. This may take some extra time to update.
A button called Check External Mail will show up on your Inbox menu bar.