The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Creating an Additional Cox Email Address in Internet Tools
Last Updated: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 > Related Articles
With Cox High Speed Internet service, you can add additional email addresses to your account. Use these steps to add additional email addresses using Internet Tools.
Note: You must log in as the primary Account Holder to create or modify an Authorized User.
Result: The Email window displays the email addresses associated with your Cox High Speed Internet account.
Result: The Authorized Users window displays.Adding a new Authorized User creates a new email account.
Select Add an additional Authorized User, then click Add.
- Complete the following fields.
- First Name - Enter the first name of the user.
- Last Name - Enter the last name of the user.
- User ID Nickname - Enter a nickname for the user ID. This step is optional.
- User ID - Enter a user ID. Click the ? for guidelines.
- Password - Create a password and re-enter the password. Click the ? for guidelines.
Note: A password strength meter shows the security of the new password you select.
- Billing and Payment Access - Place a check in this box to grant an Authorized User the same access to the account billing and payment areas as the Account Holder. For more information, see Understanding Digital Identities and Account Types.
- Challenge and Response - Enter the security code in the space provided.
- Click the Submit button.
Result: A confirmation window displays the changes and a confirmation email or letter is sent.
Result: The Authorized Users window displays the list of Authorized Users, including the one just created.