The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Clearing Your Browser Data in Google Chrome
Last Updated: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to clear history, cache, data and download history in Chrome.
Need to clear your browser history data or cache? Want to manage your download history, too? Learn how in Google Chrome for Mac and PC.
- For all Windows browser related articles, see Manage Your PC Browser.
- For Mac OS X browser related articles, see Manage Your Mac Browser.
Cox does not support all browsers. The following information is for reference only. For specific information on using Google Chrome, visit Google.com.
Deleting Browser History Data or CacheLearn to delete recently visited sites as well as data that can slow performance.
- In the dialog pop-up box check the box next to any or all of the following.
- Clear browsing history
- Clear download history
- Empty the cache
- Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
You can also choose a time period next to the Obliterate the following items from: option, located in the drop-down menu.
Removing Specific Items From Download HistoryLearn to choose what to remove from your previous browsing sessions.
Choose one of the following options.
- Click Remove from list for the specific item you want to delete.
- Click Clear all at the top far right to remove all downloads.
Note: Click Open downloads folder link to the right to view all downloads