The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Clearing Your Browser Data in Google Chrome
Last Updated: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 > Related Articles
Learn to clear history, cache, data and download history in Chrome.
Need to clear your browser history data or cache? Want to manage your download history, too? Learn how in Google Chrome for Mac and PC.
- For all Windows browser related articles, see Manage Your PC Browser.
- For Mac OS X browser related articles, see Manage Your Mac Browser.
Cox does not support all browsers. The following information is for reference only. For specific information on using Google Chrome, visit Google.com.
Deleting Browser History Data or Cache
Follow these steps to delete recently visited sites as well as data that can slow performance.
Click the three horizontal lines to the far right of the browser address field.
Select History, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog pop-up box, check the box next to any or all of the following.
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
You can also choose a time period next to the Obliterate the following items from: option located in the drop-down menu.
Removing Specific Items From Download History
Follow these steps to choose what to remove from your previous browsing sessions.
Click the three horizontal lines to the right of the browser toolbar, and then click Downloads.
Choose one of the following options.
- Click Remove from list for the specific item you want to delete.
- Click Clear all at the top far right to remove all downloads.
Note: Click Open downloads folder link at the top right to view all downloads