The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Cox Cloud Drive Mobile
Last Updated: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 > Related Articles
Learn about the Cox Cloud Drive app for Android and iOS mobile devices.
The Cox Secure Online Backup service and applications have recently been updated and renamed Cox Cloud Drive. If you are using the Cox Secure Online Backup app, please visit Google Play Store or the iTunes App store to update to the latest Cloud Drive app. The outdated Cox Secure Online Backup apps are no longer supported by Cox.
Cox Cloud Drive Mobile for your iPhone® or Android™ device allows you to remotely access, view, manage, and share all your digital files.
Once you have uploaded content to your Cox Cloud Drive account, you will have instant mobile access to all your files, such as music, photos, and documents.
- Play music and video directly from the Mobile Apps with the media player.
- Browse through your entire photo collection and view every image that you've ever uploaded to your Cox Cloud Drive account. You can also instantly upload photos taken with your mobile phone to your account.
- Share any file with all of your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Android OS 2.1 or higher.
- iOS iPhone and iPod Touch with iOS 6.0 or higher
Supported File Types
- Documents: doc, docx, pdf, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls and xlsx
- Images: jpg, tiff, and gif2
- Music: mp3, wav, aiff, aif, aifc, and m4a3
- Video: mp4, mpv, mov, 3gp, and m4v4
- File Access - Cox Cloud Drive Mobile organizes all your files in an intuitive layout. Using the built-in dynamic search feature, files can quickly be searched and located. Easily view the details, such as size, modification dates, and sharing history, of each file that is stored in your account. Previews are available for a wide variety of files, and full versions of photos and documents can be downloaded and viewed on your mobile phone.
- Upload Photos and Videos - and View Your Entire Media Library - Take a photo or video with your mobile phone and instantly upload it to your Cloud Drive account. You can use your Android or iOS device to view every photo or video that is currently stored in your Cloud Drive account, regardless of whether or not it was taken with your phone.
- Share With Your Contacts - Access your entire Cloud Drive account and share any file, folder, photo, and video directly from your Android or iOS device. You can also immediately share with any of the contacts already stored on your phone. Add new contacts and share with them, or use the speed share feature to share with multiple contacts.
- Music and Video Player - Stream all your music and any video from your Cloud Drive account to your mobile device. With a comprehensive media player, entire music, and video collections can be played while you're on the go.