The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Managing Windows 10 Internet Connection Settings
Last Updated: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 > Related Articles
Learn the steps to access the Internet connections settings and reset your IP address in Windows 10.
From the Taskbar complete the following.
- Click the Start icon and click Settings.
- Select Ethernet.
Result: The available network connections display.
To view the network details for your network connection, use the following steps.
- Click the icon for your connection type next to Connections.
- Click the Details button.
Result: The Network Connection Details window displays.
Result: The Command Prompt window dispolays.
In the Command Prompt window next to where the cursor is flashing, choose one of the following then enter the information as directed. Do not use spaces.
- To view your IP address, enter ipconfig and then press Enter. You will see the numbers and dots that represent your address.
- To release your IP address, enter ipconfig/release and press Enter.
- To renew your IP address, enter ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
Note: When finished, click the X in the upper right corner to close the Command Prompt window.