Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Managing Internet Connection Settings in Windows 10
Last Updated: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 > Related Articles
Learn the steps to access the Internet connections settings and reset your IP address in Windows 10.
From the Taskbar, complete the following.
- Click the Start icon, then click Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
To view the network details for your network connection, use the following steps.
- Click the icon for your connection type next to Connections.
- Click Details.
Result: The Network Connection Details window displays.
From the taskbar, click the Start icon.
Result: The Command Prompt window displays.
In the Command Prompt window next to where the cursor is flashing, choose one of the following, then enter the information as directed. Do not use spaces.
- To view your IP address, enter ipconfig and then press Enter. The numbers and dots that display represent your address.
- To release your IP address, enter ipconfig/release and press Enter.
- To renew your IP address, enter ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
Note: When finished, click the X in the upper right corner to close the Command Prompt window.