Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Disconnect or Cancel Service
Last Updated: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 > Related Articles
View details about disconnecting or canceling service including what happens with your bill, how to return your equipment, and 911 service access.
When disconnecting service, your bill will be pro-rated. You will be billed only for the partial month of services used prior to the disconnection. For example, if your billing cycle runs from the first of the month to the end of the month, then you will not be billed for the entire month if you disconnected before the end of the month.
If you are disconnected for non-payment services, then your services will be restored once you make a payment. To pay your bill, access View / Pay Bill.
You can drop off or ship Cox equipment, such as cable boxes, modems, remote controls, and cabling at designated Cox service locations. For locations, go to www.cox.com, click the Contact link at the very top right of the webpage, then click Find a Solutions Store. Once the map displays, be sure to click the Product Drop Off checkbox located in the menu to the right of the map.
The 911 service remains active if your phone service is disconnected for non-payment.
- Your phone service, including access to E911, will operate for up to eight hours during a power outage only if a battery is installed and is fully charged.
- You are responsible for ordering, installing and monitoring the status of the battery.
- If this modem's battery indicator shows that you need a battery or your battery needs replacing, you can purchase one by calling 1-855-324-7700, or visiting a Cox retail store.
- Find out more information at www.cox.com/battery.
- To ensure that E911 dispatchers receive your correct address, the installed modem should not be moved within your home or to another address. Please notify Cox if you would like to move your telephone modem.