The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Forwarding Spam, Phishing, or Virus as an Attachment
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn the steps to report abuse by forwarding an email as an attachment using Microsoft Outlook Express, Apple Mac Mail, and Microsoft Outlook.
Reporting Abuse Spam, Phishing or a Virus
For information on abuse types, how to report abuse, reporting abuse email addresses, and Abuse Submission Guidelines, refer to Reporting Abuse: Spam, Phishing, Viruses and More.
Microsoft Outlook Express
- Select the email to forward as an attachment, then right-click the email.
- From the menu that displays, select Forward As Attachment.
Result: A new email will open with the old email attached.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the To field and add any comments.
- Click Send/Recv.
Apple Mac Mail
- Select the message that you want to forward as an attachment.
- Select Message and then Forward as Attachment.
- Enter the recipient's address in the To field and add any comments.
- Click Send.
Result: A straight arrow displays in the message list next to the original message to indicate that you forwarded the message.
Note: Cox does not provide troubleshooting or support services for issues or questions concerning Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, then select Options.
- From the Options window, click the Preferences tab.
- Under Email, click the Email Options button.
- From the Email Options window, select the When forwarding a message drop-down list and select Attach original message.
- Click the OK button to apply.
Result: When a message is forwarded, it will be sent as an attachment.