The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Using Cox Secure Online Backup Manager
Last Updated: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to automatically backup your files using the Cox Secure Online Backup Manager from your desktop application and view them in File Manager.
Want to automatically backup your files in Secure Online Backup Manager? Follow the links below to backup or view files.
Cox Secure Online Backup for Windows is a program that protects documents on your computer with storing or backing up, multiple copies of the files to your online storage. It is possible to have more than one computer backed up to your online storage. You must install the Cox Secure Online Backup for Windows on multiple computers, then access Backup Files from all computers using the Internet Tools site.
For additional support, refer to About Cox Secure Online Backup.
Desktop Icon - Backup Your Files
- Double-click the Cox Secure Online Backup for Windows desktop icon.
Result:The Cox Secure Online Backup Manager login window displays.
- Enter Username and Password, then click APPLY.
Note: If you are already logged into Internet Tools, you will not get this login window.
Result: The Backup and Default Schedule Configuration window displays.
- Select your Default Backup Configuration and your Default Schedule Configuration, then click the Save My Selections and Launch Secure Online button.
Note: Backup files are saves to the online storage in Online Files using the Cox Secure Online Backup for Windows.
Result: The BACKUP MANAGER window displays.
- Select the folders you would like to backup, then schedule the backup sessions. Once you complete your selections, click either the BACKUP NOW or APPLY buttons.
Important: Your initial backup could take some time to complete. A 10GB backup could take a couple of hours to complete, depending on your Internet connection. While Cox Secure Online Backup will always pick up where it left off during an incomplete backup, it is recommended that you leave your computer running and connected to the Internet during its initial backup.
Note: If you schedule automatic backups, then the application monitors selected files for changes and automatically uploads them to your account.
Internet Tools - View Your Backup Files
- Visit http://www.cox.com/backup.
- If you are not already logged into Internet Tools, enter your User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: If you do not remember your password, click the Forgot your Password? link.
- Under My Account located on the left navigation bar, click the Secure Online Backup link.
Result: The Cox Secure Online Backup Home page displays.
- To view your Backup Files, click Backups under Spaces.
Result: The File Manager page displays.