Having problems with your Internet Connection? Did you know that most Internet connectivity issues can be solved by using our Modem Reset tool? Just sign-in, click the Reset button, and get back browsing the Web. >> Reset My Modem
Using the Cloud Drive Desktop Application
Last Updated: Fri, 27 May 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to automatically backup your files using the Cloud Drive desktop application and view them in File Manager.
Want to automatically backup your files in Cloud Drive? Follow the links below to backup or view files.
Cloud Drive is a program that protects documents on your computer with storing or backing up, multiple copies of the files to your online storage. It is possible to have more than one computer backed up to your online storage. You must install the Cloud Drive application on multiple computers, then access Backup Files from all computers using the Internet Tools site.
For additional support, refer to Cloud Drive.
Desktop Icon - Backup Your Files
- Double-click the Cloud Drive desktop icon.
Result:The Cloud Drive sign in window displays.
- Enter Username and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: If you are already logged into Internet Tools, you will not get this sign in window.
Result: The Backup and Default Schedule Configuration window displays.
- Select your Default Backup Configuration and your Default Schedule Configuration, then click the Apply button.
Note: Backup files are saved to the online storage in Online Files using the Cloud Drive application.
Result: The BACKUP MANAGER window displays.
- Select the folders you would like to backup, then schedule the backup sessions. Once you complete your selections, click either the Change Selection or Backup Now buttons.
Important: Your initial backup could take some time to complete. A 10GB backup could take a couple of hours to complete, depending on your Internet connection. While Cloud Drive will always pick up where it left off during an incomplete backup, it is recommended that you leave your computer running and connected to the Internet during its initial backup.
Note: If you schedule automatic backups, then the application monitors selected files for changes and automatically uploads them to your account.
Internet Tools - View Your Backup Files
- Visit drive.cox.com.
- If you are not already logged into Internet Tools, enter your User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: If you do not remember your password, click the Forgot your Password? link.
- Under My Account located on the left navigation bar, click the Cloud Drive link.
Result: The Cloud Drive Home page displays.
- To view your Backup Files, click Backups under Spaces.
Result: The File Manager page displays.