Learn how to protect, connect, and relax with support for your Homelife service. From arming and disarming your alarm, to managing your portal, Cox Homelife Support helps you with troubleshooting and step-by-step solutions.
Managing Rules Contacts in the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to create and change designated contacts for Non-emergency notifications.
Rules contacts must be set up for rule notifications. These rules are different from your emergency dispatch contacts which are notified in the event of an alarm. You can manage rules contacts in the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal using the steps below.
Refer to Setting Up Emergency Dispatch Contacts and Managing Rules in the Cox Homelife System for assistance with emergency contacts and rules set up.
Log into the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal.
Select Rules from the toolbar.
Click Contacts for Rules.
On the Contacts page, you can complete the following tasks:
- Click Add Contact to add a new contact.
- Click the Pencil icon to modify a contact.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete a contact.
- Any person added as a Contact for Rules is alerted for all rules created.
- Contacts cannot be deleted if they are defined in a rule.
- The person associated with the account is automatically added as a contact. This contact cannot be deleted from the list of contacts.