Learn how to protect, connect, and relax with support for your Homelife service. From arming and disarming your alarm, to managing your portal, Cox Homelife Support helps you with troubleshooting and step-by-step solutions.
Managing Rules Contacts in the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 > Related Articles
Learn how to create and change designated contacts for Non-emergency notifications.
Non-emergency contacts must be set up for rule notifications. These rules are different from your emergency dispatch contacts which are notified in the event of an alarm. You can manage Non-Emergency contacts in the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal using the steps below.
Subscriber Portal - Classic View - The instructions for the Classic View in the Subscriber Portal are provided below.
Sign in to the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal.
Select More from the toolbar and click Contacts.
Follow the steps below to add a new Non-emergency contact.
- Click the + icon.
- Enter the contact information in the Add Contact window.
- Click SAVE.
Result: The Edit Contact window displays.
- To modify the information, enter the changes, and click SAVE.
- To remove the contact, click DELETE.
- Any person added as a Non-emergency contact is alerted for all rules created.
- Contacts cannot be deleted if they are defined in a rule.
- The person associated with the account is automatically added as a contact. This contact cannot be deleted from the list of contacts.
The steps below include the instructions for the Classic View of the Subscriber Portal.
Log into the Cox Homelife Subscriber Portal, select Classic View.
Select Rules from the toolbar.
Click Contacts for Rules.
On the Contacts page, you can complete the following tasks:
- Click Add Contact to add a new contact.
- Click the Pencil icon to modify a contact.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete a contact.