Learn how to protect, connect, and relax with support for your Home Security service. From arming and disarming your alarm, to managing your portal, Cox Home Security Support helps you with troubleshooting and step-by-step solutions.
Managing Rules Contacts in the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal
Last Updated: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to create and change designated contacts for Emergency Dispatch.
Rules contacts must be set up for rule notifications. These rules are different from your emergency dispatch contacts which are notified in the event of an alarm. You can manage rules contacts in the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal using the steps below.
Refer to Emergency Dispatch Contacts and Managing Rules in the Cox Home Security System for assistance with emergency contacts and rules set up.
Log into the Cox Home Security Subscriber Portal.
Select Rules from the toolbar.
Click Contacts for Rules.
On the Contacts page, you can:
- Click Add Contact to add a new contact.
- Click the Pencil icon to modify a contact.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete a contact.
- Any person added as a Contact for Rules is alerted for all rules created.
- Contacts cannot be deleted if they are defined in a rule.
- The person associated with the account is automatically added as a contact. This contact cannot be deleted from the list of contacts.