Billing & Account Support
Completing Authorized User Registration on Cox.com
Last Updated: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 > Related Articles
Learn to finish the authorized user registration on cox.com
Authorized users can now specify a secret question and secret answer, as well as an alternate email address and new password for their Cox.com account. If you are an authorized user, completing the registration allows you to recover your Cox User ID or reset your password online.
Before you can take advantage of these features, you must complete the profile created for you by the Primary Account Holder.
In this process you will:
- Choose your secret question.
- Provide a secret answer.
- Provide an alternate email address if your Cox address is not available.
- Change your password (optional).
From the Cox.com home page, hover over My Account, and then click View My Account Profile.
On the My Account Profile & Settings page next to Secret Questions click Edit.
- From the drop-down menu choose a secret question.
- Enter your answer to that question. Repeat the answer in the next field.
- Click Submit.
Note: At this time you can also change your password that was given to you by the primary account holder. If you want to keep the existing password, bypass this area.
- Read the information on the Confirmation page and follow its direction.
- Click Continue.
Result: You will be taken back to your Account window.