Billing & Account Support
Checking Your Payment Status
Last Updated: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 > Related Articles
Wondering if your last payment has been processed? Use the steps below to check your payment status either online or by phone.
Authorized User: Authorized Users cannot view or retrieve payment status. This policy helps to ensure the privacy of the account.
To Check Payment Status Online
- Click View / Pay Bill.
Note: If you have just reached www.cox.com, hover over My Account, and then click View / Pay Bill.
- Sign in with your User ID and Password.
Note: The Account Holder login is required. The login of an Authorized User of the account cannot retrieve details about the bill or payments, but can obtain information about the total amount due currently and can make a payment.
- Click the Recent Activity tab.
Result: Recent Payments display.
- Look for the word Pending or Processed next to the payment. If no payments have been made for the current billing cycle, then there will be no payments listed in the section labeled Recent Payments.
Note: Any time a payment is made, either online, by phone, by kiosk, or through a Cox agent, the status of that payment is updated to Pending status immediately. By the next morning, the payment status will change from Pending to Processed in the Recent Activity tab. If you mail in your payment, it may take an extra day for it process and update the Recent Payments section of the website.
To Check Payment Status by Phone
Call our Customer Service phone number and select the Billing option.
- Enter your phone number associated with the account.
- Enter the Account Holder's Cox PIN or the last four digits of the Social Security Number.
Note: Authorized Users cannot view or retrieve payment status. This policy helps to ensure the privacy of the account.
- Listen for the date and amount of the last payment made to the account. You'll also hear any past due amounts, as well as the amount and due date of your next payment.
Note: If you mail in your payment, it may take an extra day for it to process and for the Recent Payments section of the website to update.