Billing & Account Support
How to Read Your Cox Bill
Last Updated: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Explains the bill, including due dates, balances, amount due, and itemized charges that appear on your bill.
The following information is designed to help you understand what each item of your bill represents. Each item is bulleted and contains a description next to it.
Your Cox Bill on Page 1
- Previous Balance – which is the amount left over from last month’s bill
- Remaining Previous Balance – which is the amount still owed from last month’s bill
- New Charges Due By the date specified – which are the new charges due for this month, and include the normal charge for TV, Internet, and Phone packages, plus taxes, fees, surcharges, and credits; plus any purchases or services you added in the middle of last month, also called last billing cycle
Your Cox Bill on Page 2
- Summary Of Charges – which include all of the new charges due for this month
- Monthly Services – which itemize the prices for your TV, Internet, and Phone services, due for this month. Additionally, Monthly Services will include feature descriptions for your services which may vary based on if you subscribe to more than one service or by location.
- One Time Charges and Credits – which itemize the prices for any one-time purchases, charges, or credits that occurred last month
- Taxes, Fees and Surcharges – which are added based on your services